Monday, August 7, 2017

BAPTISM!!! (Week 22 - 5 Months!)

This week has had its ups and also its downs and I think more downs than I have had my entire mission just thinking more about other things and being frustrated in ways. I should not be frustrated though! We had a baptism this week of Vitor and I was super shocked he choose me to baptize him because his GF is a member and she has people in her family that he could of choose lol. Anyway, I was and still am so grateful that he choose me to enter the water and baptism him!! I said the words wrong the first time but Heavenly Father knows I tried to pronounce it right! He is really kinda like me in a way because he is going into school for sports therapy and won't even drink soda lol. I drink soda here now because usually, people drink soda or juice (i try to stay with the juice lol) . Anyways he has been long prepared to be baptized he just needed somebody to help with that process! 

This Saturday Lebny, Gabriel, and Abner will be baptized and they are really excited! They even already know who will baptize who! I will baptize Lebny, Elder Krepsz will baptize Gabriel and a member Bruno will baptize Abner who is the leader for the young men here! Anyways they are really pumped for this next step in their life and I am excited to see them take on this step. Gabriel will leave with us Thursday to eat lunch with a member and then maybe go to some lessons after (he doesn't know about the lessons part though lol). This Saturday will be great because in my district we will have 11 baptisms in one day and we are trying to have them all in the same Chapel at the same time!!! I think that would be really cool. 

We read a part in The Book of Mórmon this week in 3 Nephi chapter 11 verses 7-17 and this describes a part when Jesus Christ visited the Americas and showed the scars on his feet and hands. I love this part in the scriptures because some day we will have this opportunity to know Jesus Christ in person! The Bible and The Book of Mórmon testify of this. here below is verses 7-15 but verses 1-19 are even better!!

 7 Behold my Beloved Sonin whom am well pleased, in whohave glorified my name—hear ye him.
And it came to pass, as they understood they cast their eyes up again towards heaven; anbehold, they saw a Man descending out of heaven; and he waclothed in white robe; and he came down and stood in the midst of them; and the eyes othe whole multitude were turned upon him, and they durst not open their mouths, even one to another, and wist not what it meant, for they thought it was an angel that had appeareunto them.
And it came to pass that he stretched forth his hand and spake unto the people, saying:
10 Behold, am Jesus Christ, whom the prophets testified shall come into the world.
11 And behold, am the light and the life of the world; and have drunk out of that bitter cup which the Father hath given me, and have glorified thFather in taking upon me the sins of the world, in the which have suffered the willof the Father in all things from the beginning.
12 And it came to pass that when Jesus had spoken these wordthe whole multitude fell to the earth; for they remembered that it had been prophesied among them that Christ should show himself unto them after his ascension into heaven.
13 And it came to pass that thLord spake unto them saying:
14 Arise and come forth unto me, that ye may thrust your ha ds into my side, and also that ye may feel the prints of the nails in my hands and in my feet, that ye may know that athe God of Israel, and the God of the whole earthand havbeen slain for the sins of the world.
15 And it came to pass that thmultitude went forth, and t rust their hands into his sideand did feel the prints of the nails in his hands and in his feet; and this they did do, going forth one by one until they had all gone forth, and did see with their eyes and did feel with their hands, and diknow of surety and did bearecord, that it was he, of whom it was written by the prophets, that should come.


Baptism of Vitor. He requested for Bryson to baptism him. 💗

Handsome Missionary, having fun! 😊

Packages from home and Suprise Skippy Peanut Butter! He received all of these on his 5th month anniversary! 😃

No comments:

Post a Comment