Monday, January 14, 2019

Jardim do Sol - Week 10

This week was super tiring with a lot of splits, family nights and a ward activity that we as missionaries did!

 Mara is an older lady that we found when I was on splits with Elder Groves (from Alaska) and we just taught her outside on the first visit. We had been looking for somebody to teach and she answered the door out of 4 houses. 

  When we did splits and Elder Cavaco stayed in the area he went there to see if Carla ( Maras grandaughter) was home but who answered was Maras other grandaughter which let them in. Mara told us the other day that she didn't want her granddaughter to let them in but did so anyway. Mara said that one month ago she was praying to have God send her an answer about what is Christ's church and she had a dream that 3 angles passed by her house. So returning to the other day the three of us My companion, Raquel (a member) and I visited her. She confirmed this as an answer for her prayers. She has had a lot of challenges in her life with some daughters in jail and she had some personal problems too. BUT she wants to change and quit smoking and she was really happy that we passed by when we did. The reason we got to meet her is because about a month and a half ago Elder Haight and I taught her at her mother in laws house and we got her address to pass by. What I got from this is that we ALWAYS need to follow the Holy Ghost because if we didn't we would of not found Carla which lead to finding Mara who was praying to find a church around the same time we found Carla in the street one day! The Church is true and I know that the Holy Ghost is a tool for us. If we didn't have the Holy Ghost we would not be teaching and helping Mara prepare to be baptized! I love the mission! I hope that all made sense!!

Other news is that I got my plane schedule for my return!!

Love you all!

Elder Bryson D. Hammond
Missão Brasil Curitiba Sul
2017-2019

P.S. As you all can see it's been really hot here in Curitiba theses days!






No comments:

Post a Comment