Monday, January 7, 2019

Ano Novo!!! Week 9 - Jardim Do Sol

Well, this week was fun! Started with the new year being home early and not being able to sleep because of the bombs that everybody uses on the new year. Yes, they don't use really fireworks but its more like a really big bomb that they launch into the air. Thanks to our lovely neighbors I was up till 1 am haha. Last year I didn't even wake up when it was new years for 2018 so it was different this year. 

 This week we also had a chance to do a lot of splits and see some more progress in the area! More people are going to church and we planned and confirmed with a family that we will start their wedding process this week right now!!! This is a family that we care for so much and we are happy that they are in the process of getting married. Another family we found this week told us that they believe the Book of Mormon is true and that the church was restored through Joseph Smith !! That is the best feeling when somebody can say that they know that the church is true with just 2 weeks being taught!! They really are reading and praying to keep knowing more! In these last 3 weeks, we have seen a change in the area without a doubt. For sure there is more work to be done but we are happy with the changes already!! 

 As for this new year, I have to set my goals for the last bit of my mission and for after! I received a sad and yet good phone call today with a confirmation of when I will be home and what airport I will arrive at. On the 19th of March I will leave my mission. I am truly sad to have to leave in such a short time but I am excited how much we can accomplish until then. I just have a couple of months left but I am so happy for what I have learned and seen until now! I know that the church is true and I know the Book of Mormon to be the word of God and that through reading and prayer we can know that the Church is true. I know that trough prayer and study we can know that God truly loves us and that the Atonement of Jesus Christ really is a power that cures us physically and spiritually! 

Love you all!

Élder Bryson D. Hammond
Missão Brasil Curitiba Sul
2017-2019

No comments:

Post a Comment