Monday, November 19, 2018

Week 2 - Jardim do Sol

Dear Everybody,

  So this week was fun and passed by super fast for me! One day felt longer than the whole week though. I will call this day Adventures in Quitandinha! First, i woke up at a devastating hour at 5 in the morning to be able to catch the city but at 6:30. As we approached the bridge to cross the highway there went our bus and the next would pass in only an hour so we waited at the bus stop ( on the side of the highway) for a whole hour ... We got into the bus at 7:30 and thankfully we got to sit down or else it would of been a long bus ride. We got there at 8:30 and i met the second counselor and his wife which they are really cool. Jacó and Eva , Jaco is 71 years old, has a farm, makes his own garden soil from old food and beans and has more energy than I do, or because I woke up at 5 am had more than me for that day. We went there and climbed a lot of hills and because there is literally nothing there but dirt roads and sun i ended my day like a lobster! In the end of the day, he made blackberry juice with honey and lemon to give a flavor and make it sweet. I have pictures but i forgot my memory card at home so i will send them next week! It was so cool to go there this last week for one day. We got home at 9:30 and slept at 10:30. So I am so grateful for this time we had to go there! 

Love you all!
-Elder Hammond

No comments:

Post a Comment