Monday, October 1, 2018

IM BACK! Portão - Semana 5-6

Well... IM BACK!

  Sorry yall, that I did not have a chance to send an email last week about my week. I am now writing about 2 weeks of work so I will try to remember all that I have to say! 

  Week 5 was a bit slow because we were working in a new area. Actually, we were given another area to work in while in our current area. Does that make sense? So our space to work is now three times bigger and so that means we have more to do. President wants to see how this other area is. If there is potential or not, which I know that there is because we found a lot of people there in the last two weeks! 

  On week 6 or six weeks in a transfer, we did three splits which means I worked with two other missionaries this week which was Elder Hill from the MTC and Elder Lira!! Both these splits were really cool and I learned from the two splits so much that I will be able to put into practice this week! 

 One contact we did this week was super funny!! We talked to her and she looked surprised or startled. Elder Alvarado was like have you already talked to two missionaries like us before? her response was "My son is handsome too!"  Hahaha she didn't want to talk to us that much but we couldn't stop laughing after this one! I think I have to funniest experiences doing contacts in the street! Another contact that we did after recognizing who we were she yelled "my but is coming I have to get to the bus stop!!!" I looked down the street and .... There was not even a car in the street let alone a city bus haha! Sadly this happens and remembering that it also happened with Christ makes it easier to keep doing what we have to do! Maybe he didn't have somebody say my but is coming but he went through other things for us! 

I feel like it's been a while since I have bore my testimony here. 

 I have had so many experiences in this short year and a half. But one thing I know is that he is with us always. He does NOT shut his door on anybody that is seeking him or not. I know that my Savior is with me in every contact, every lesson and every footstep i take. With whatever challenges, questions or just thoughts we have he can help us in all of this as long as we do our part. My area is by means not the easiest area but I know he has somebody here ready to see how the Gospel can change their life. I know that all that happens here is in His time and not ours. Yesterday Maria ( investigator) told us "you guys knocked at the right time that I was needing you most. I know that I would not of accepted you guys before. " Knowing that I can take part in the Lord's work by answering a prayer to just one person I know that we are doing all that we can! I love the missionary work and I love the people here in Brasil! I know that God is our literal Heavenly Father and he knows each and every one of you by name. 

I love you all so much!
-Elder Bryson D. Hammond
Missiao Brasil Curitiba Sul
2017-2019



No comments:

Post a Comment