Monday, January 15, 2018

Soccer = New investigators (10 months)

So this week it rained a little as you can see in one of my photos and this was right before we left for lunch so that was exciting 😐.... Anyways but this week I learned a lot training and also in bettering my teaching. One of the chapters or sections talks about how when we find we teach and when we teach we find. I started to really apply this to my week and we also taught more of what a person needs to hear and not always the basic lesson. So we were more aware of the needs and not just a lesson. We actually found more than double our goal of new investigators this week and a lot of them are wanting to learn more and are listening to our message! 

Also this week we were teaching a less active family and as we were leaving I said "Iago throw me the ball (soccer ball) I will kick it!" He threw it up and over the fence and I then kicked it a little just so it would return to him..... I forgot how strong my leg is and I kicked the ball up over his house and to the other street and all the sudden I heard a Bang! He tried to get a ladder and look on his house but he didn't see it. Anyways I said I will find it and if I cant I will buy another. Lol we walk to the other street with shame and found the ball on top of a house under the water tank. So we were yelling from one street to another saying to him we found it. Then a young girl walked out hearing us and asked if she could help us. I said laughing so I kicked a soccer ball and it flew up onto your house. Can we grab it? I ended up helping Elder Capistrano onto the roof locking my hands together . He almost fell I was laughing and then we just made a contact by saying this is crasy but have you heard of the Mormons?! 😂 We ended up teaching about the Book of Mormon and marked another day to return for her and her family and a friend too!! Lol I was not expecting this to ever happen in my life but I think I will walk around with a soccer ball and just throw it onto roofs and then teach 😂. Heavenly Father works in a lot of ways this being the last way I would of seen coming but we couldn't leave this opportunity and not share the Gospel! Without a doubt I know the church is true and that God has a plan and reason for everything in our life!!!

Her are some photos too!!
 
Love you all!
 
- Elder Hammond
 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment